Re: sqlplus cannot connect without qualifier

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 02:22:37 GMT

dave_at_davehockenberry.net wrote in news:1178588669.701731.86180 @h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> All:
>
> I have the following setup:
> - Server A - Ora10gR2 Win installed; db instance, tables, Stored
> Proc, etc all configured and reachable
> - Server B - Ora10gR2 Win installed, with customer app initially
> using local Server B db instance; db instance, tables, Stored Proc,
> etc all configured and reachable
> - Reconfigured app on server B to use DB instance on server A
> (tnsnames.ora); local Oracle server remain but services turned down;
> custom app is correctly using db on server A, BUT.....
>
> While some utiiites can correctly reach the remote Server A DB
> (TNSPING), sqlplus and other utilities cannot reach the remote server
> A DB unless fully qualified (e.g. sqlplus system/password not working,
> but sqlplus system/password_at_dbname is working)
>
> I have scrubbed the usual suspects (tnsnames, sqlnet, etc) to no
> success. Funn thing is that I have this exact setup duplicated in a
> seperte lab, and all of the utilities work, including sqlplus.
>
> Any ideas?

My wife's car runs but my car does not go. Please tell me how to make my car go.

A contentless post does not deserve any speculative guesses.

We can't actually see exactly what you are doing or how Oracle responds.

Since you are NOT charged by the character for posting, you should seriously consider using CUT & PASTE.

You're On Your Own (YOYO)! Received on Mon May 07 2007 - 21:22:37 CDT