sqlplus cannot connect without qualifier

From: <dave_at_davehockenberry.net>
Date: 7 May 2007 18:44:29 -0700

All:

I have the following setup:

While some utiiites can correctly reach the remote Server A DB (TNSPING), sqlplus and other utilities cannot reach the remote server A DB unless fully qualified (e.g. sqlplus system/password not working, but sqlplus system/password_at_dbname is working)

I have scrubbed the usual suspects (tnsnames, sqlnet, etc) to no success. Funn thing is that I have this exact setup duplicated in a seperte lab, and all of the utilities work, including sqlplus.

Any ideas? Received on Mon May 07 2007 - 20:44:29 CDT