Oracle user group

From: JMecc <jmecc_at_telus.net>
Date: 5 May 2007 09:25:38 -0700

I just installed Oracle on a Red Hat server per tutorial http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/smiley_10gdb_install.html#rhel4 . From the 'oracle' unix user, I can use the database just fine, but I can't start sqlplus from my unix account:

bash-3.00$ sqlplus
sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlplus.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've set environment variables per other internet discussions:

setenv ORACLE_HOME /database/Oracle10g
setenv ORACLE_BASE /database/Oracle10g
setenv ORACLE_SID btap
setenv ORAENV_ASK NO

source $ORACLE_HOME/bin/coraenv
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $ORACLE_HOME/lib
setenv PATH $PATH\:$ORACLE_HOME/bin

I've also tried using bash and csh but neither allows me sqlplus access.

I guess I could go in and change this library's (and many others') permissions per chmod o+r, but it feels wrong - since Oracle must plan for an installation where a dba group can administer the DB and a dbuser group can access the DB with privileges layed out by the dba's, right?

How do I allow this dbuser group access to sqlplus?

Thanks,
Jonathan Received on Sat May 05 2007 - 11:25:38 CDT