Re: Cursor sharing on Win32 - 'the safe bet?'

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 18:38:58 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Fri, 04 May 2007 13:59:04 -0700, bdbafh wrote:
>

>> It has yet to work on ANY patchset/patch combination that I've tested
>> against for 10g R2.

> Another EXTREMELY annoying "feature" of 10.2 is the fact that V$SESSION
> doesn't show SQL for any of the background processes. Even J000 processes
> are protected from the prying eyes of an overly curious administrator
> who would want to know what the @#$%! is running in the background and
> consuming the entire @#$! machine. I am a foreigner, having problems
> with the English language and I am looking for a volunteer to help me
> grasp the concept of "unbreakable Oracle". Is it unbreakable because it's
> already broken?

It doesn't?

SELECT sid, process, program
FROM gv$session
WHERE service_name like '%BACKGROUND%';

No wonder this query doesn't work.

You expected to find SQL in gv$session ... why? SQL has never been there.

The fact that you can't look at something doesn't mean the product is broken. In fact one might argue that it means the product is working as designed.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington