Re: History alias for sql/sqlplus cmd?

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 21:41:04 +0200

lazyboy_2k_at_yahoo.com schrieb:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> Does oracle has a history alias (like unix) in sql/sqlplus which will
> record all of your previous executed cmd + its syntax? I know that I
> can run edit to get the most recent sql/sqlplus cmd, but I want to
> retrieve the query which was run before that. Any sugguestions/ideas
> are appreciated.
>
> Thx,
> -Chris

Sybrand is correct, but you can easily add history aliasing to any commandline interface (sqlplus, rman etc.) by means of small utility rlwrap, which utilize readline library.
http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/rlwrap/
If you can compile it (in some shops hardened servers don't have compiler), you can give it a try, you'll need as well the gnu readline for it.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Fri May 04 2007 - 14:41:04 CDT