Sqlplus formatting error

From: <andrewa1_at_rogers.com>
Date: 4 May 2007 08:21:26 -0700

I am running the following script from my Windows client:

w.sql:
select substr(host_name,1,15) host, substr(instance_name,1,10) instance, substr(global_name,1,10) DB_name,

       version, substr(user,1,10) username from v$instance, dual, global_name;

Result:

SQL> connect w/w_at_test
Connected.
SQL> @w;

HOST INSTANCE DB_NAME VERSION USERNAME
--------------- ---------- ---------- -----------------

sm1tordat201 test TEST 9.2.0.7.0 W

SQL> connect system/sebsystem_at_seblps;
Connected.
SQL> @w;

HOST

INSTANCE

DB_NAME
VERSION

USERNAME

sm1tordat201
SEBLPS
SEBLPS
9.2.0.7.0
SYSTEM SQL> quit

In the first instance test, the output are formatted correctly. In the second instance seblps, the columns are not trimming. Does anyone know what's causing this? Since I'm running them both from the same Sqlplus session, it can't be the sqlplus settings. SELBPS and TEST both reside on the same unix box so the unix environment is the same. The only thing I can think on is the server parmeters are different but I can't find out which one. Received on Fri May 04 2007 - 10:21:26 CDT