Re: Fastest way to ASCII file or other ideas?

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 4 May 2007 06:52:36 -0700

jg,
I'll post the stats. Still setting up.
Platform wise it has to run on any platform. I'll test on Win2003, XP, AIX, Linux, Solaris and provide disk and setup specs.

I do like the sqlplus option and it is quite fast in my unmeasured alpha tests, but I want to the possibly to fork out process and pseudo parallelize the disk writes, stop and start the process, etc. I can do this with SQLPLUS but I'm not a huge fan of calling an .exe when I need programmatic control. This bias might be more personal than technical, but I've seen lots of so called batch jobs that call sqlplus and simply ignore exceptions and control issues. I prefer event driven notification via a class object rather than in-line batch process with goto like exceptions. I realize the WHENEVER SQLERROR/ OSERROR has some level of control but the default is to exit and I've had trouble getting large batch process to behave or continue correctly when using this.

Ultimately I'm only providing test detail; others will decide what they like best. I just need to provide the options to the available skill-sets. Received on Fri May 04 2007 - 08:52:36 CDT