Re: Stored Outlines

From: dombrooks <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2007 04:05:48 -0700

Thanks Joel.

Initially, I was capturing the outlines as an custom named category and using the that same named category as in the use_stored_outlines setting. No mismatch. I had tried using the default category as well. Without a demonstrable test case, it's hard for me to prove that to you though.

Optimizer mode is choose in both environments.

User_outlines and user_outline_hints are views on top of ol$ and ol
$hints and show the same thing (although they won't necessarily
because the user of the hint doesn't have to be the creator of the hint - it is in this case though).

Something on the oracle freelists suggests looking more closely at v
$sql_shared_cursor - which I shall do.

I know that commonsense and experience strongly suggests that it must be something stupid that I've done, but if it is I don't see it. If I find it, I'll update the thread.

It's a shame that the stored outline decision making isn't captured by a 10053 trace. Received on Fri May 04 2007 - 06:05:48 CDT