Re: Fastest way to ASCII file or other ideas?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 14:48:35 -0700

joel garry wrote:

> Sometimes the simplest way is the fastest way. I bet many people
> would be interested in what you find in speed difference between
> sqlplus and pro-c and perl. I suspect there won't be much, but
> haven't tested in this century.
> jg

I'm in agreement in that I suspect there won't be much difference but haven't tested it in a very long time.

SELECTing is not going to be faster no matter what tool you use. And writing isn't going to be faster either. So where is the speed difference from C or perl? Formatting perhaps.

I'd be interested in why/how pipes would be affected by an auditing requirement.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington