How to convert Oracle native Date to date time

From: tracy <usatracy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2007 05:55:58 -0700

I get numbers like 1178002042 instead of date time info when I run access againt oracle.

Does anyone know what the math is to convert this to date time, I assume it is telling me the number of seconds past some arbirtrary point in time like midnight 1-1-1980 ?

Does anyone know what this arbitrary point in time is, if so I can work with the date time info as delivered via my current connection and applications.

Thanks Received on Thu May 03 2007 - 07:55:58 CDT