Re: ORACLE DATES - How to use them

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2007 01:26:25 -0700

On May 3, 8:10 am, tracy <usatr..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am pulling data from Oracle into MS-Access, when run all of the date
> fields are just a lot of numbers and not dates, if I link them in
> Access or pass through query it is the same.
>
> I get numbers like 1178002042 in the date field.
>
> How do I write the SQL so this NUMBER is returned as date and time
> information ?
>
> I tried todate() but got errors when I tried to run, is todate() the
> only way or am I missing something ?
>
> Here is an example...
>
> SELECT DISTINCT "ref_num", "open_date"
> FROM "View_Issue_to_Issue_Act_Log"
> WHERE ("ref_num"='15632407')
>
> Trying to add criteria to pull records only if open_date is within the
> last two days.
>
> Thanks

Access is capable of working with Oracle dates. Apparently your dates are not real dates. That being said, you post insufficient information One would need
exact version of Oracle
exact version of Access
the ODBC driver involved and it's exact version The results of DESC <table_name> from Sql*plus.

Without this information an adequate reply is impossible. Right now you could just have well posted 'It doesn't work. Help'

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA