ORACLE DATES - How to use them

From: tracy <usatracy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2007 23:10:06 -0700

I am pulling data from Oracle into MS-Access, when run all of the date fields are just a lot of numbers and not dates, if I link them in Access or pass through query it is the same.

I get numbers like 1178002042 in the date field.

How do I write the SQL so this NUMBER is returned as date and time information ?

I tried todate() but got errors when I tried to run, is todate() the only way or am I missing something ?

Here is an example...

SELECT DISTINCT "ref_num", "open_date"
 FROM "View_Issue_to_Issue_Act_Log"
 WHERE ("ref_num"='15632407')

Trying to add criteria to pull records only if open_date is within the last two days.

Thanks Received on Thu May 03 2007 - 01:10:06 CDT