VS2005 Data Source Configuration Wizard and Oracle

From: <cartoper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2007 07:33:34 -0700

I am brand new to Oracle and working with .Net 2.0 in VS2005. I would like to do with Oracle what I do with MS SQL, that is add the data connection to the Data Source view via the Data Source Configuration Wizard. I am selecting the ".NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle". I don't know how to format the Server name correctly. I have tried just the DNS name (oracleDBSserver.company.com) and the server/DNS name (DevInstance/oracleDBSserver.company.com) and they don't work. What is the correct format for the "Server name"? Received on Wed May 02 2007 - 09:33:34 CDT