Re: String concatenation in group by?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 1 May 2007 09:01:02 -0700

On May 1, 10:28 am, Tao <gordon.t..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry mother.
> So out of 5 ways, the 4th one might apply in my case. What makes you
> think I have no right to ask for ppl's opinion if there is a easier
> way that I didn't see? That offended you so much didn't it.
>
> On May 1, 11:10 am, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
>

> > "Tao" <gordon.t..._at_gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 1178031718.880006.168..._at_h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> > Micel,
>
> > I believe I've mentioned that I'm still using Oracle 9.2 so 10g's
> > "collect" function is of no use to me.
> > Yes I understand any string manipulation can be done using PL/SQL
> > functions, thanks.

> > "collect" is just the last explained way, there 4 others available in 9.2
> > and one does not use PL/SQL.
>
> > Regards
> > Michel Cadot- Hide quoted text -

What makes you think Michel, or anyone here, thinks that? Are your sensibilities so fragile that any comment, no matter the nature, is an attack on you? The response you received from Michel provided the requested information, and did so with a bit of humour. It is a shame you can't recognize good natured wordplay when it is presented to you.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue May 01 2007 - 11:01:02 CDT