Re: 10.2.0.3 on Windows 2003 - 64 Bit

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 1 May 2007 05:15:48 -0700

On May 1, 8:05 am, "Saulo Mendez" <saulo_men..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> We are running Oracle 10.2.0.2 on Win2K3 - both 64 bit on HP DL585 boxes
> (AMD Based) The system runs great as is.
>
> However, we are being asked to cover Oracle vulnerabilities and thus must
> install Oracle 10.2.0.3 on these boxes.
>
> We have a mission critical application and thus don't want to be the first
> on the block to try it.
>
> Has anyone successfully ran Oracle 10.2.0.3 (64 bit) on Win2K3 (64 bit as
> well)? Any comments would be largely appreciated.
>
> Saulo

Do you have a test system? What are your plans to verify that you haven't created problems in your applications from the upgrade?

If you only have a production system you are very limited in your maneuvering room. While it's not a bad idea at all to try to keep current each patchset and security rollup creates potential problems for every customer.

We don't run windows here but I am actively testing 10.2.0.3 ... one bug ( not yet admitted by oracle support ) submitted so far Received on Tue May 01 2007 - 07:15:48 CDT