Re: Oracle 9i Database Administration in 10 Minutes

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2007 14:50:50 -0700

On Apr 28, 3:00 pm, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <fitzjarr..._at_cox.net> wrote:
> On Apr 28, 4:49 pm, "takv..._at_gmail.com" <takv..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 28, 5:47 pm, "takv..._at_gmail.com" <takv..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > The Topics Covered In This Book Are: Understanding the Oracle
> > > Environment; Understanding the Oracle Instance; Understanding the
> > > working of Oracle Instance; Understanding the Oracle Database; Oracle
> > > 9i Software Installation; Oracle 9i Database Design using DBCA;
> > > Enabling other computers to access Oracle Server; Oracle Enterprise
> > > Manger Oracle Backup & Recovery -Simple Technique; Oracle Performance
> > > Tuning. Everything in this book is covered in a step by step manner by
> > > first building reader's concept using analogies, real world examples
> > > and then taking him/her to the steps of design implementation. The
> > > book covers Oracle 9i Database Server. The concepts and most of the
> > > stuff discussed in this book are equally good for other Oracle
> > > versions including 10g. For advance user please check Oracle Database
> > > Administration Concepts & Implementation Made Simple, ISBN: 0977073904.
>
> > The link is provided below:
>
> >http://www.lulu.com/takveen
>
> Your simplifications have an annoying tendency to be, well,
> simplistic, given that you reduce Oracle to being a 'Genie'. It is no
> such thing, it is a robust and complex DBMS product not suited to your
> playtime antics. Additionally such notices as yours are SPAM in
> comp.databases.oracle.server, as noted in the charter, and as noted by
> many in this newsgroup of which you fail to take heed.
>
> Stop insulting our intelligence with your drivel. It does far more
> harm than good and I have yet to see Tom Kyte or Jonathan Lewis
> singing your praises.
>
> Apologise for your rude and unseemly behaviour for advertising here,
> rather than in comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. Then, stop posting
> your nonsense here.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

What do you expect from an Access guy? http://www.takveen.com/download/ebooks/access2007/index.html

I suggest everyone look up his contact on his web site and complain directly to him, as well as his gmail account.

He's spamming all over the place now:
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=Cj7AEBEAAADX4TWt0ol2Cv7u65wOxNeLkdEasx1kiYTQavV7mdW13Q

Maybe some polite pointers about the evils of spam to lulu's blog might get some attention too. If they can ever get their site running properly. http://people.lulu.com/blogs/ Can't even get a next page to work. Sheesh.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/04/qantas_proves_t.html