Re: about oracle listener

From: <esthershensh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2007 13:34:45 -0700

On Apr 24, 11:01 am, Brian Peasland <d..._at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote:
> esthershe..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> > HI,
>
> > I have a test environment on WindowsXP.
>
> > I installed oracle server 10.2.0.1 and created one ORCL database. I
> > started default listener and added another L1 listener (port is 1520 )
> > by oracle net configuration assistant.
>
> > the two listener started successfully. Just L1 listener started
> > without any services.
>
> > Then I try to use Database Configuration Assistant to create new
> > database. when I tried to create the new database by clicking finish
> > tab, I got error message.
>
> > TNS-04404: no error caused by oracle.net.config.ConfigException:
> > TNS-04414: File error caused by :
> > TNS-04612: Null RHS for "srdmcsd"
>
> > any suggestion is very appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Most likely, you do not need two listeners. You can run two databases
> just fine on the same server with one listener. Delete the second
> listener and try again.
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>
> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> d...@nospam.peasland.nethttp://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>
> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown
>
> --

Thanks for your reply.

I tried only have one L1 listener ( on port 1521) on that machine, it seems no matter following two command, I got the same result.

status L1
status listener

it seems as long as port is 1521, oracle think it is default listener no matter which listener name you granted. is that true?

sorry if it make things confused..I just want to understand the listener concept. Received on Mon Apr 30 2007 - 15:34:45 CDT