Clusterware installation / raw partition permissions

From: <ryansinn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2007 11:13:53 -0700

I'm setting up Oracle 10gR2 on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and I'm encountering an error during the installation...

I've followed Oracle, IBM, Novell and about 5 independent "how tos" on setting up Clusterware and I'm stuck at the RAW partition permissions.

The OS doesn't seem to have a problem mapping the raw partitions to the disks and I don't have any issues creating them with fdisk.

When I'm installing Clusterware 10.2.0.1 (prior to installing the database) I receive the following error on the OCR location screen:

"The specified shared raw partition /dev/raw/raw1 may not have correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle User."

I've recreating the raw partitions... setting the permissions to 777 (it couldn't be permission related then)... changing the owners, the groups... it should have all worked (according to everyone's documentation) without adjusting any of that... but it's not.

Something else must be the real problem because it errors out even with permissions set to 777.

Any thoughts? Received on Mon Apr 30 2007 - 13:13:53 CDT