Re: Inserting data based on email attachment

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2007 08:54:21 -0700

On Apr 30, 1:47 pm, sandeep <hyd.sand..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a requirement where in I have to detect an incoming mail,
> download the attachment which is a flat file containing some data,
> then i have to insert in to oracle tables. I just want to find out
> whether identifying an incoming mail and downloading the attachment
> can be done using a windows batch program, so that i can convert the
> flat file to oracle rows. Please correct me if my approach is wrong,
> and any sites for the sample windows batch programs would be great.
>
> Thanks
> - Sandeep

You can do this easily with a Java stored procedure: load JavaMail API into the database and use it to check/fetch email, and then parse the received flat file in Java or in PL/SQL, or even by offloading the received file to disk and accessing it as an external table. Or, as Mladen suggests, write a Perl script that will do the same externally. Or try Windows PowerShell. Plenty of choices, whichever is the easiest for you will do.

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Mon Apr 30 2007 - 10:54:21 CDT