Re: query not picking up index

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:14:19 GMT

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:23:40 -0700, vanbastenardo wrote:

> P.S. oracle 9.2.0.8.0 EE on Solaris 10. Schema statistics is collected
> fully by dbms_stats procedure. And please don't ask me why have 2 tables
> instead of 1. This is a 3rd party db...

What does it mean that statistics is collected fully? Do you have histograms? Do you have system statistics? Can you do me a favor and execute
ALTER SESSION SET TRACEFILE_IDENTIFIER=CBO; ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS='10053 TRACE NAME CONTEXT FOREVER, LEVEL 1'; and then re-execute your query. Publish the resulting trace file (from udump directory) here.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com