Re: Help with a optimization problem

From: dombrooks <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2007 13:12:01 -0700

>However, this approach will not make up for the fact that the OP is suggesting bad design
Sure.

>Objects and object style constructs belong in the application layer and should not be stored in the database.
Don't necessarily agree.
This is precisely why ORM tools are so common and messing with database performance.
I would argue for a data logic layer of stored procedures offering the constructs that are most appropriate for the required access. So, for example, non-set operations in the application layer are less preferably to object and object style constructs in the database. Received on Sun Apr 29 2007 - 15:12:01 CDT