Re: 10g to RAC - what to do to avoid data duplication ?

From: Golan <Golan_at_hotmail.it>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 00:10:15 +0200

> What was unclear about my response?
> Did you read it, at all?
> You didn't respond to my question.
> I was referring to your current database. If your current database
> doesn't reside on a RAC compatible filesystem, you would need to move
> all your datafiles to a RAC compatible filesystem, and your 'trick'
> won't work.
> All things being equal, RAW is inflexible, and ASM is preferred.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Excuse Sybrand, I was not so clear in the main question:

We have a 9i database on a server, we decided to create a new one 10g on the new server, recreating the main objects and transferring historical data with a db link.
Now we want to make all possible actions, to make the new server "raccable" without duplicating data, and with the less effort possible.

Asm can give us just balancing becouse redundancy is guaranted by the raid configuration on the storage.

Massimo Received on Sat Apr 28 2007 - 17:10:15 CDT