10g to RAC - what to do to avoid data duplication ?

From: Golan <Golan_at_hotmail.it>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:14:05 +0200

I'm going to create a 10gR2 database on a server (to be installed: SO Linux Red Hat 4.4).
I will load in the database 4 terabyte of data during next months .

On next december we would like the database to be part of a three node RAC.

Now, the question is:
Since I do not want to make a copy of 4 tera (cloning the database on the RAC, and I do not know how), would it be possible to make my actual node as part of the RAC without copying any data ? What can I do now on the server (to be installed as mentioned before) to put myself in the best situation for the future migration to the RAC ?

Thank you
Massimo Received on Sat Apr 28 2007 - 04:14:05 CDT