Re: import issue

From: sam <samuel_steck_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: 27 Apr 2007 12:49:35 -0700

On Apr 27, 3:13 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> sam schreef:
> ce db it is from another vendor, and replication is out of> question, for many (non-technical) reasons.... they will only provide
> > a dump for us and nothing else, no modifications on their structure by
> > our request of any kind
>
> OK - in that case your question is a no brainer; as
> the structures on their side will not change, just
> create the LOB tablespaces.
> Next time, they'll be there.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

I expressed myself wrongly... what I ment is that they will not make any changes on their side if I request them... if I just create the lob tables and after a time they make any changes on the structures, like adding a column or whatever my import will fail in that point, and I know by experience that any changes will not be comunicated to me previously...

thanks Received on Fri Apr 27 2007 - 14:49:35 CDT