Re: Ora-01017 when using Access2002 as Front instead of Access2000

From: mainframetech <flameda_at_optonline.net>
Date: 27 Apr 2007 12:13:52 -0700

On Apr 27, 2:55 pm, treschau..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> > When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with
> > "ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails. The failing machine
> > passes other queries and operations with the same Oracle database
> > without problem.
>
> > Any help is appreciated.
>
> I assume you are using linked tables. Have you refreshed the tables
> using the linked table manager? Tools | Database Utilities | Linked
> Table Manager. If you have it prompt for a new location I believe you
> can re-enter the password.
>
> What happens if you create a new linked table to the Oracle DB table.
> Does that work?

We refreshed links and recreated them without change in result. The DB is 9i, sorry about bad identity. I'm told by our Client Services that another client copied a different MDB to the access2002 machine and ran it without problem, and the original failing MDB with query began to operate properly. Thank you to all folks that were helping. We don't know why the problem occurred, and will probably not chase it down to the end, given that it never happened before in years.

Chris Received on Fri Apr 27 2007 - 14:13:52 CDT