Can Materialized View solve this problem ?

From: <krislioe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2007 04:38:03 -0700

Hi gurus,

We have database server 10g on head office (Unix). Currently this is centralized database for multiple branchs (8 branch), we already have partition by branch.

Now there is requirement for "each" branchs to have "copy" of their data on their local Oracle on Windows. Their objective is to create their own specific reports and access it faster. No need for realtime, one day delay is acceptable.

The question is :

(1) Can I create materialized view on each branch, that select the
data from master database on head office, based on its branch code, then refresh every night ?

(2) Can this "refresh" process reliably on bandwidth 256 kbps ?

Thank you for your help,
xtanto Received on Fri Apr 27 2007 - 06:38:03 CDT