Re: Oracle 10g problem

From: Christian Winther <cw200406_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:01:44 +0200

Tomo schrieb:
> Does anybody knows?
>
> I've got Oracle 10g and IIS 6 installed on my server. Same as i have
> installed program for document managment witch is connect to my database. In
> few days and after few restart my database dont wont to start automaticly.
> Services are started but my instance is not. I go to dos start sqlplus and
> start my database manualy, and it all works. What is the most crazy-est my
> database is not trying to start automaticly, becouse when i delete log file
> in my bdump directory,log file is not even created , only when i start my
> database manualy then it create it.
> In registry my database is configured that it starts automaticly. I have
> even try to recreate the services with Oradim , and it did not help.
>

> Any suggestions?

My experiences with W2k3 (german), 10g SEO 10.2.0.2, all Patches:

sqlnet.ora:

  set ORACLE_SID=your_oracle_sid

  sqlplus / as sysdba

  works fine

         set ORACLE_SID=your_oracle_sid

         sqlplus / as sysdba
         startup

  set ORACLE_SID=your_oracle_sid

  sqlplus / as sysdba

  doesn't work

  you must use:

  sqlplus <username>/<password> as sysdba

But may be, dbconsole (OEM) doesn't work:

  set ORACLE_SID=your_oracle_sid

  (emctl status|start|stop dbconsole)

  emctl status dbconsole
  emctl start dbconsole

In my mind, it's an oracle-bug.

HTH CW Received on Fri Apr 27 2007 - 00:01:44 CDT