Extracting certain months across multiple years

From: Joe <jmk6272_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2007 09:51:11 -0700

I am trying to extract or show a set of months over multible years, i.e. show JAN-MAR orders from order table. I don't know how to eliminate oracle from recognizing the years. Does this make sense? I can do it for single years with the statement: SELECT *
FROM ORD
WHERE ORDERDATE Between to_date('01-APR-1986') AND to_date('30-DEC-1986')
How can I get the same result, say, over a five year period. Thanks in advance, Joe Received on Thu Apr 26 2007 - 11:51:11 CDT