ADDM use

From: Paul <paulwragg2323_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2007 07:12:24 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to get a client to capture data from their site using the AWR and ADDM reports.

I have no problems with the AWR report - this is not an issue for me.

I have little experience of using ADDM - I am attempting to learn it as I go. Using enterprise manager I have the following information in the Performance Finding Details page:

Task Name: ADDM:2406972348_1_673
Finding: SQL statements consuming significant database time were found.

OK, this is fair enough, and I am happy with this finding. As I need to capture data from a client site, really I need to be able to do this through SQL Plus, rather than enterprise manager. So I try:

SQL> SELECT TASK_ID
  2 FROM DBA_ADVISOR_TASKS
  3 WHERE TASK_NAME = 'ADDM:2406972348_1_673';    TASK_ID

      3381

SQL> select dbms_advisor.get_task_report( task_name ) AS ADDM_REPORT   2 FROM DBA_ADVISOR_TASKS
  3 WHERE TASK_ID = 3381; ADDM_REPORT

          DETAILED ADDM REPORT FOR TASK 'ADDM:2406 972348_1_673' WITH ID 3381 And there is nothing. No findings and no suggested action.

I have 2 questions:

  1. What have I done wrong here - if the findings are reported via enterprise manager then surely they should be via SQL Plus.
  2. Is there a query I can use to return all reports for which there are findings?

I am sorry if I am doing something wrong that is really obvious, like I said I am really just experimenting at present, but it would be appreciated if somebody could help me out.

Thanks,

Paul Received on Thu Apr 26 2007 - 09:12:24 CDT