Re: Logical Standby Database 10gR2

From: tinojam <tinojam_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2007 06:33:40 -0700

Kindly read the document below from Oracle. Logical standby is a viable solution for DR and reporting (based on our requirements)! In our situation, no new indexes or materialized views will be created on the logical standby db.

We have read the documentation and are aware of the unsupported objects and data types, those checks and balances have been completed already. We don't have a problem there! My problem is that the Oracle community hasn't adopted the technology.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/MAA_WP_10gR2_SQLApplyBestPractices.pdf

BD: plz read the documentation:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/role_management.htm#i1026495

"Depending on the protection mode for the configuration and the attributes you chose for redo transport services, it might be possible to automatically recover all or some of the primary database modifications."...

Step 1 Copy and register any missing archived redo log files to the target logical standby database slated to become the new primary database.
Step 2 Ensure all available archived redo log files were applied. And the steps continues... Received on Thu Apr 26 2007 - 08:33:40 CDT