sqlplus and excel - beginners question!

From: ton de w <ton_de_winter_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 25 Apr 2007 10:15:59 -0700

Hello,
I am querying a table in Ora9i. It does have 100 + fields. I am invoking sqlplus from a windows cmd box. This is temporary until toad is installed. Have to make do with sqlplus/cmd window fro the moment. So when I do a select * from table the output is unreadable. I can, and do, redirect this to a file.
Can I redirect the output to, say, output.xls and then open this file in excel - and have column heading and the field values underneath?

TIA Ton Received on Wed Apr 25 2007 - 12:15:59 CDT