Re: Can't connect to my server on port 8080 (???)

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:55:44 +0200

Ivan schrieb:
> Hi all..
>
> As my subject suggests, I'm having issues with my ports opening on my
> computer.
> Recently installed Ubuntu 6.06 and am trying to install oracle-xe,
> which took me through the configuration and finished doing so with no
> problems..
>
> Whilst on the local machine, I'm having no issues logging on to the
> server (ie localhost:8080/apex)
>
> However, can't access it when trying to access it through another
> computer on the network..
>
> When I nmap the machine, here's what I get:
>

>>From local machine:

> PORT STATE SERVICE
> 22/tcp open ssh
> 631/tcp open ipp
> 1521/tcp open oracle
> 8080/tcp open http-proxy
>

>>From my machine:

> PORT STATE SERVICE
> 22/tcp open ssh
> 1521/tcp open oracle
>

> It looks like port 8080 is been blocked by something ..
>
> I installed it the same way on another machine and it worked fine out
> of the box..
>
> Is there anything I should be doing, or anything I'm doing wrong?

By default XE restrict access to http port only to localhost. You can change this behaviour logged as user with enough privileges (e.g   system) and doing:
SQL> EXEC DBMS_XDB.SETLISTENERLOCALACCESS(FALSE); It is documented
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/files/install.102/b25144/toc.htm#BABIJBHJ

Best regards

Maxim Received on Tue Apr 24 2007 - 11:55:44 CDT