ORA-04031 - Which packages should be kept in memory?

From: Alexander Skwar <alexander_at_skwar.name>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:42:25 +0200

Hello!

All of a sudden, I'm getting ORA-04031 error messages on of my Ora9i databases. On various sites on the internet, like http://www.techonthenet.com/oracle/errors/ora04031.php, I find the following:

        Use the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package to pin large packages.

How do I know or decide, which packages I should KEEP in memory with DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP()? I know that it says to keep "large packages" - but I suppose I should only keep those "packages" which are needed. How do I know, which packages are needed? What is "large"?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar Received on Tue Apr 24 2007 - 09:42:25 CDT