easy ways to know oracle is up

From: betelge87 <betelge87_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2007 03:54:16 -0700

We are trying to develop a script which detects if oracle server is running correctly. We have seen that lot of oracle process are running and with ps is not easy to know if oracle is really running. On the other hand we saw that through sqlplus is possible to start a connection and see if oracle is answering. Is there any standard or easy way to do this?

Thanks Received on Tue Apr 24 2007 - 05:54:16 CDT