Strange problem with OracleXE 10g listeners

From: Hole <h0leforfun_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2007 02:32:36 -0700

Hi there,

When I'm connected to LAN (with or without Windows XP Firewall up) and I start OracleXE, the listeners come up in a strange behaviour.

Summary table degli endpoint di ascolto...
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe
\EXTPROC_FOR_XEipc)))
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))

Starting the OracleServiceXE, the service HTTP for page administration doesn't start and I can reach the DB service only by SQLPLUS, while I am not able to talk with database via java connector.

Instead, if I start listener service and DB service while I'm not connected to a LAN, everything goes ok. Below, the output of LSNRCTL status after I started the listener service and DB service while I was not connected to a LAN:

Summary table degli endpoint di ascolto...
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe
\EXTPROC_FOR_XEipc)))
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ARCIBALDO)(PORT=1521)))
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ARCIBALDO)(PORT=8888))
(Presentation=
HTTP)(Session=RAW))

ARCIBALDO is my computer name.

What's the problem?