Re: Memory Limit Imposed on Oracle by Windows?

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2007 11:57:47 -0700

On Apr 23, 2:31 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 23 Apr 2007 10:06:54 -0700, dbaplusp..._at_hotmail.com wrote:

> >> A lot of people have done the testing. And what you assume is not
> >> necessarily the case.
>
> >> Here is one example among many:http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:5...

> >> The reason TimesTen is so fast has little to do with what you assume.
> >> It is not just a question of throwing a lot of RAM at the problem. You
> >> should study the underlying concepts and architecture before trying to
> >> draw a line between the Oracle RDBMS and TimesTen. They are totally
> >> different beasts.
> >> --
> >> Daniel A. Morgan
> >> University of Washington
> >> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> >> (replace x with u to respond)
> >> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> >I read a presentataion on Times Ten on your web site and it clearly
> >points out differences in memory access and disk access. I know,
> >there are many things to Times Ten, but getting away from disk access
> >is one of its main principle.
>
> >Throwisng RAM is not always the answer but making good use of RAM
> >improves performance, that is my point. 64 bit Oracle is a good
> >thing.
>
> Quoting from one your previous drivel contributions
>
> I do not subscrbe to any silver bullet, yet open to taking advnatge
> of 64 bit Oracle and setting large db_buffer cache.
>
> So you just want to enlarge the buffer cache, don't you? Is that 'good
> use'?
> Wouldn't good use include configuring the keep cache and the recycle
> cache? Probably you don't even know what it is!
> So why do you state you don't subscribe to any silver bullet, when
> that's just a blatant lie?
> Because you are a 'dbapluplus' waiting to be proving wrong once again?
>
> Go learn Oracle and stay away here!!!
>
> --
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

I knwo all that. I made use of all three caches in my 8GB of cacahes,

Sybrand is a moron.
Sybrand is a senior moron.
Sybrand is a F moron.
Sybard is a stupid moron.
He claims to RTFM., but consistently gives incorrect responses. To sidetrack his stupidity , he will insult the OP. Sybrand needs mental help. Received on Mon Apr 23 2007 - 13:57:47 CDT