Re: Error when starting DBCA

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:31:14 +0200

daniel.kehrer_at_gmail.com schreef:
> Hi together,
>
> i get the following error messages when I try to start the dbca:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/
> sysman/vbo/VboInsufficientInitException
> at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.getHost(Dbca.java:160)
> at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.execute(Dbca.java:94)
> at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.main(Dbca.java:180)
>
> System:
> Windows Server 2003 Std. Edt. R2 x64
> Oracle 10.2
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thx
> Daniel

gethost... Hmmm... Is it a fixed IP-address server? Does it have a fully qualified domain (not just a name, but a.real.domain.de?)
Are you installing, logged on a local administrator? Do you have the correct (64 bit win) version? Do you have java installed else where, and maybe a classpath defined?

Just some shots in the dark

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel