Re: Help me! - cursor work he,kllcqas:kllsltba

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:48:59 +0200

On 23 Apr 2007 10:38:04 -0700, "mtn_bikers_at_msn.com" <mtn_bikers_at_msn.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm not able to found my problem and I tried many thing. I hope, I
>will solve my problem here.
>I have Windows 2000 server with Oracle 8.1.7 database.
>My server have 4Gb of RAM and the used memory by Oracle is around
>1.4Gb.
>My server is DEDICATED
>We have a maximum of 200 connection on the server.
>I have this message ORA-04030 Unable to allocate xxx bytes of memory
>(cursor work he,kllcqas:kllsltba).
>
>Here is a couple of parameters in my server ;
>db_block_buffers = 52428
>db_block_size = 8192
>db_file_multiblock_read_count = 32
>db_files = 1024
>global_names = TRUE
>java_pool_size = 20971520
>job_queue_interval = 60
>job_queue_processes = 4
>large_pool_size = 614400
>max_dump_file_size = 10240
>max_enabled_roles = 30
>open_cursors = 300
>open_links = 4
>processes = 360
>shared_pool_size = 456340275
>sort_area_retained_size = 512728
>sort_area_size = 2145728
>
>Recently we put the sort_area_size and sort_area_retained_size
>smaller, the problem frequency is better. But after 3-4 days, the
>problem come.
>
>Thanks.

You are using too much memory, and you are fragmenting your shared pool.
Also Oracle 8.1.7.4 is desupported since several years, as is Win2K. Upgrade to something supported and/or a real operating system, or switch to MTS. Most of your 200 connections are probably doing nothing, apart from wasting memory.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA