Re: TRanfers DB ORACLE to SQL 2000

From: <hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2007 09:43:24 -0700

On 22 avr, 17:34, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 22 Apr 2007 06:08:10 -0700, keithjgor..._at_hotmail.co.uk wrote:
>
> >When you program in c# orSQLServer or VB6 which I have done for
> >after school, I have not read the manuals and relied on a couple of
> >books and Google. One thing about Google is that a reference to the
> >Microsoft documentation for what you search on usually is in the first
> >1 or 2 hits of Google. When searching inOracle, the relevant results
> >aren't at the top. Also the search function on Oracles website is
> >really bad.
>
> This is just blatant nonsense. Go tohttp://tahiti.oracle.com, type
> anything and you'll get results

Hmmm... the OP said : "relevant results"

Measured time to get the CREATE TABLE reference - with tahiti search engine : 40 secs
- with the OP google tip : 25 secs

> >When searching for something inOraclelike creating a table, I
> >usually type in "create table site:www.oracle.com" rather than using
> >Oracles search functionality on their website.
>
> In you want information about aSQLcommand, you should look that up
> in theSQLreference manual only.
>
> I would like to refrase your item 5
> Most people are fundamentally lazy and rather want to be spoon fed
> than finding out anything themselves.
> Consequently, they will never learn, they will remain lousy developers
> and lousy DBAs, causing more experienced DBAs to *suffer*.

This may be correct or incorrect... However, I dont see any correlation between lazyness and a desire for fast, accurate information retrieval.

You do use google, dont you ? Received on Sun Apr 22 2007 - 11:43:24 CDT