Re: TRanfers DB ORACLE to SQL 2000

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:05:31 -0700

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
> On Apr 20, 12:19 pm, "carlos.chuquillanqui" <cal..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello!!! I need tranfers the BD ORACLE to SQL 2000, i need procedures,
>> samples, demos, tools, advantages and disadvantages and rules of
>> migrations.
>>
>> Please is necesary for me.
>>
>> Thank You CARLOS.

> A quick trip to www.microsoft.com/sql would have lead you to this:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/oracle/default.mspx
>
> You could also have searched google.com. If you do your own work
> you'll actually learn something.
>

> David Fitzjarrell

Rather harsh David. One one of the first rules of working with Microsoft products is not reading. Seems to me he is off to a great start.

Carlos much of the functionality of Oracle can not be duplicated in SQL Server. Without knowing more about what you are working with I would suggest you learn the differences in concepts and architecture between the two products and see what functionality will need to be totally rewritten.

It may be helpful to check out this page: http://www.psoug.org/reference/sqlserver.html It is based on SQL Server 2005 and is not completed but it will give you a sense of what you are facing.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington