Re: 100% Schema Duplication

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 21 Apr 2007 13:30:49 -0700

On Apr 21, 3:49 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > On Apr 20, 2:14 pm, "agill" <a..._at_mailinator.com> wrote:
> >> 10gR2
>
> >> Hi a quick question:
>
> >> Need to duplicate a schema 100%, including Pkg, Types, all objects generated
> >> by XDB etc.
> >> Does expdp/impdp do that ?
>
> >> thanks
> >> adam
>
> > Well geez yeah but of course you can also use old fashioned export/
> > import
>
> Why would someone want to use a legacy tool and not improve their
> skill set?
>
> Given we do not know the number of objects and records wouldn't it
> be best to recommend the more capable tool?

Weren't my first words "Well geez yeah"?

Where did I not recommend the more capable tool exactly?

What does the word "also" mean? What do the words "old fashioned" mean?

Are there reasons where you do need to use export in a 10x environment? How about when you need to move stuff back into a 9x etc environments?

I don't see any value add from your post here looks like just more of the usual long signature drive by spamming. Received on Sat Apr 21 2007 - 15:30:49 CDT