Re: Differences between Oracle,DB2,SQL2005 in cost estimation

From: Steven <songxin328_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2007 01:19:30 -0700

Yeah, actually, I mean the cost based optimization. I think in general they were based on System-R model in calculating the execuation cost.
that is: Total cost = i/o cost + cpu cost

but Is there anything different when to implement this formula? I read this article below
Cost Control: Inside the Oracle Optimizer and I am looking for similar articles about other dbms...

Anyway, 3x for your reply~