Materialized Views - need metadata

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2007 11:18:00 -0700

Hi, all.

Running 10gR2 on Windows as a replication source, and 9.2.0.6 on AIX as the replication target.

I need to find some information in my db regarding snapshot logs and materialized view groups.

First (on 10g) - how can I confirm, on the source, which targets are registered to receive updates of a specific snapshot log? I know that if I register 2 materialized view against one snapshot log, and only refresh one, the source snapshot log will not clear its rows until both targets refresh. So the source db must know that this log is being pulled by 2 targets.

Second (on 9i) - I created a refresh group, with a series of
'DBMS_REFRESH.ADD' statements. But after I ran the script with the
'ADD' statements, and refreshed the newly created group, I'd
discovered that only about 1/4 of the 'ADD' statements actually worked. It appeared that I had to add the materialized views to the refresh group in small increments before it would function correctly, and refresh all the groups. **I see nothing in the DBMS_REFRESH package that allows me to confirm the 'members' of a refresh group.

Can anyone point to any system views that might maintain this information?

Thanks,

BD Received on Thu Apr 19 2007 - 13:18:00 CDT