Re: Basic query tracing and profiling question...

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:06:36 +0100

sybrandb wrote:
> On Apr 18, 7:46 am, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfi..._at_dial.pipex.com>
> wrote:

<snip>

>> This sort of response is all too typical of this group these days, I'm
>> afraid, someone comes in, asks a question that either betrays that they
>> are inexperienced, or else they state that they are inexperienced, or
>> both and they get a number of acerbic replies before getting one that
>> may or may not answer the question for them - often as not there will be
>> barbs aimed at the organization they work for as well without any real
>> knowledge of the circumstances under which people are working. Abuse of
>> the inexperienced isn't a quality I associate with professionals really.

<more snipping>
> Niall,
> I don't like your comments at all.

fair enough.

> You must be well aware most posters here are not prepared to do their
> homework, and jump to the newsgroup right away. They don't know
> Oracle, they also don't WANT to learn it, and misuse this forum as a
> free OTS and a free consultancy area.

Well no I don't think that *I* am aware of that, I don't know what actions most people may or may not have taken, I certainly don't know what motives they have and I don't see a huge amount of consultancy type questions here. You of course may have more knowledge of peoples actions and motives than I.

> With respect to your comment on professionalism: I assume you have
> become so professional, you don't answer any question anymore, but
> rather want to chastize people voluntarily taking their part of the
> burden, and getting annoyed in doing so?

Well by google's count I've posted 35 messages here in the last 3 months - way below what it used to be before one of the regular spammers here defaced my site of course, never the less though there will be enough people here who recognise my name from other forums nearly all of them more constructive than c.d.o.s has been for a while - very few are chastisements, I leave that to others more talented in this regard, most are. as are my contributions elsewhere, answers.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA