Re: buckat in oracle

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:46:00 +0200

Steve Robin schrieb:
> On Apr 16, 5:39 pm, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <fitzjarr..._at_cox.net> wrote:

>> On Apr 16, 2:30 am, "Steve Robin" <ocma..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I know it is stupid question for some of you. But I still ask so that
>>> it will clear to me.
>>> I am very confuse about buckat in oracle. What is this buckat, is
>>> oracle deals with buckat only, means bring data in buckat or what...
>>> please help me on this topic. Please tell me any link which can help
>>> to understand it.
>> What, exactly, is a 'buckat'?  Do you really mean 'bucket'?   Does
>> this refer to hash buckets?  Does this refer to histogram buckets?
>> Your question is so ambiguous no one could answer it.
>>
>> Try again to ask your question with a bit more clarity.
>>
>> David Fitzjarrell

> oh! I apologies for my mistake in last post.
> Yes, it is bucket.
> I don't understand bucket word, whether it is hash buckets,histogram
> buckets or any other type of buckets. How oracle deals with these
> buckets.

Oracle uses them internally for some things, deals with them internally and it has nothing to do with users or programmers except in special circumstances that you won't stumble upon at your stage. (May I presume that you've never heard of execution plan tuning and that your dba takes care of the database statistics?)

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.