Oracle database instance shutdown without logging in log file

From: 7guru <7guru_at_naver.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2007 03:19:34 -0700

oracle database instance shutdown without logging in log file.

we have Oracle 10g(10.2.0.1)(HP DL380) databse server from Windows 2003 R2 for test/simulation purpose,
we found that its shutting down the database sometimes unusally without any error/warning message in the SID alert log file.

we observerd that the OS service for oracle is not starting the datbase server completely.
Just after hitting start icon inside the services panel it displays the status "Starting", instead of "Started"  and database is not in the "Open" state.

So the method adopted to start the database from services as well using the "Startup" command from server manager utility.

Why does this happen? Received on Tue Apr 17 2007 - 05:19:34 CDT