Re: Multi-table inserts and Oracle records

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:56:42 GMT

"dombrooks" <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1176713802.459927.325700_at_d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> However, using an Oracle object type and inserting into object views
> of the underlying tables should work. However, that's a lot of work if
> you just wanted to reduce the number of lines in your SQL

Thanks both Vladimir and yourself for answering. I searched on the web and couldn't find anything so I didn't think it was possible but wanted to ask just to make sure.

I would like to reduce the number of lines in this code I've inherited but there's much better ways to clean it up and make it more efficient since it sounds like using objects is more work than it could be worth.

Thanks again. Received on Mon Apr 16 2007 - 17:56:42 CDT