Re: Large table and buffer cache concerns

From: <hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2007 10:58:51 -0700

On 16 avr, 17:24, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> deva..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > As to the assumption I'm making that a single data block contains only
> > the data for a single customer...
> > If I am using a singletableb*tree cluster and I've configured it to
> > only allow the records for a single customer to be stored within a
> > single data block, that data block will only contain records
> > associated with a single customer.
>
> I'd like to be the guy who sells your storage. <g>
>
> You are talking about the possibility of one record per block.
> --

The average block utilization is definitely a factor to consider when selecting clusters !

For the record, our clustered tables have approximately twice the size of the equivalent heap organized table (actual customer data)

Of course, that space is happily traded for other advantages Received on Mon Apr 16 2007 - 12:58:51 CDT