Re: RMAN Duplicate Command for 8.1.6.1

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2007 14:10:41 -0700

On Apr 2, 5:23 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2007 11:54:09 -0700, dbaplusp..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >Thanks a lot.
> >I apalogize for asking this again:
>
> >My question was I will create standby control file outside ofRMAN
> >after duplicate command is run using:
> >alter database create standby controlfile ...
>
> >Will things work?
>
> 1 Please stop top-posting. You have been here long enough to know most
> regulars do not like it. Yes, I know it is very difficult to hit
> ctrl-end, but at least *try* to remember.
>
> 2 Think: If you do this, what will happen? Will the SCN of the
> database files and the control files be the same?
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Sometime it is good to follow your own instincts. I was successful in creating standby database using rman
duplicate command in 8.1.6.1. I used the command to duplicate database and then created standby control files outside rman. Everything worked as expected. I made several tests and they work great. Received on Sun Apr 15 2007 - 16:10:41 CDT