Re: ORA-24374

From: Galen Boyer <galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2007 09:00:02 -0500

On 15 Apr 2007, ranmaal_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hay gurus,
>
> When a some plsql statements (DML) statements executing in a
> application, I get this oracle error ORA-24374. Can any one help me
> out on this....
>
> not much help in the web on this error :-(
>
> I found out a small description which doesnt make much sence to me....
> can please anyone can explain this reson to me please....
>
> 24374, 00000, "define not done before fetch or execute and fetch"
> // *Cause: The application did not define output variables for data
> being
> // fetched before issuing a fetch call or invoking a fetch by
> // specifying a non-zero row count in an execute call.
> // *Action: Issue OCI define calls for the columns to be fetched.

This error message description does not tell you what is going on? Its a pretty explicit and precise description and I'm not even an OCI programmer. My guess then is that you are not an OCI programmer but have been charged with figuring this problem out and so you came here for help? Get them to give this problem to someone who understands OCI programming.

--
Galen Boyer